Before we come to see the news, I want to tell you that we got a small new update for the Friendly Mode today. We will increase the maximum challenges from 10 to 50 to please TrophyRoom users. Enjoy the changes and let’s challenge each other!
- With the goal against Atalanta last Tuesday, Karim Benzema has become UEFA Champions League’s top five scorers with 70 goals in 126 games. Benzema had scored 12 goals for Olympique Lyon and 58 goals for his current team Real Madrid. 🏅
- After scoring in the 2-0 win of Manchester City against Borussia Monchengladbach, Ilkay Gundogan has become Manchester City top scorer with 15 goals. He’s also the German player with the most goals in the top five leagues.
- “The return of God” – that’s what Zlatan Ibrahimovic posted on Instagram and Twitter yesterday. The Swedish veteran has been called up by Sweden for almost five years since retiring from international football, he’ll be part of the squad for European Championship 2021.
The return of the God @svenskfotboll pic.twitter.com/hQThIdWRY0
— Zlatan Ibrahimović (@Ibra_official) March 16, 2021
- Real Madrid is investigating a possible hacking after their Twitter account posted an erroneous medical report, which claimed forward Rodrygo Goes had suffered a hamstring injury.
- Joan Laporta is claimed to complete the financial payment of 15% of the club budget (€124.6m) and he’ll officially become the new president of Barcelona in the next few days.
- Youssoufa Moukoko, the 16-year-old youngster of Borussia Dortmund, has been called up by Germany U21 national team. If he appears in the match, he will become the youngest player to make an appearance for Germany U21.
- After Marquinhos and Angel Di Maria’s houses got robbed, Paris Saint-Germain is set to pay round-the-clock security for their stars. On Sunday night, Di Maria’s home was the subject of a violent robbery, then Marquinhos’ parents had their home broken into.
- Bayern Munich star Kingsley Coman is facing a €50.000 fine for driving to Bayern Munich training in the wrong car. Club rules demand each player has to travel by Audi for business appointments because they’re huge sponsors. But the French winger drove to the training ground in a Mercedes – the rival of Audi.
- Hannibal Mejbri has signed a new “long-term” contract with Manchester United after impressing at U23 level. Manchester United signed him from AS Monaco in 2019 and he has been impressive for the Red Devils in Premier League 2. This season, he has scored 4 goals and registered 7 assists in 18 league appearances.
- Wilfried Zaha has become the first Premier League player to not take a knee before kick-off. In the statement, Crystal Palace said he would continue to stand tall: “There is no right or wrong decision, but for me personally I feel kneeling has just become a part of the pre-match routine and at the moment it doesn’t matter whether we kneel or stand, some of us still continue to receive abuse.”
- As Corriere dello Sport, Juventus are willing to part ways with Cristiano Ronaldo for just £25million this summer following their latest Champions League exit. Ronaldo was criticised for Porto’s late goal as he turned his back on Sergio Oliveira’s free-kick. The Old Lady is looking to clear the decks and a complete overhaul of the club.
Author: Kuyet @ TrophyRoom
Sky Sports: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12247193/ilkay-gundogan-exclusive-interview-manchester-citys-reluctant-goal-machine-explains-his-amazing-season
Football Espana: https://www.football-espana.net/2021/03/16/joan-laporta-completes-financial-payment-and-will-be-barcelona-president
Borussia Dortmund: https://www.bvb.de/eng/Teams/First-Team/Youssoufa-Moukoko
FC Bayern Munich: https://fcbayern.com/en/news/2020/12/coman-shines-with-three-assists-and-record-speed
Juventus FC: https://www.juvefc.com/juventus-responds-to-rumours-of-ronaldo-leaving/
🏆 TrophyRoom – The Free Fantasy Football Game
LIKE US: https://www.facebook.com/trophyroom.io/