An exciting football week had just passed. Let’s take a look at some facts and quotes that I have collected last week, from Feb 21 to Feb 28 across different football leagues.
1. Save for Lionel Messi, Luis Muriel and Luis Suarez, Joao Pedro (Cagliari) is the only South American player who has scored 30 goals total in the last two seasons (in the Europe’s top five leagues):
- 2019/20: 18 goals
- 2020/2021: 12 goals (so far)
2. This season, Schalke 04’s have sacked more managers (4) than they’ve won matches (1). Besides, Stuttgart also makes 3 coaches get sacked:
- Lucien Favre (Borussia Dortmund 1-5 VfB Stuttgart).
- Achim Beierlorzer (Mainz 05 1-4 VfB Stuttgart).
- Christian Gross (VfB Stuttgart 5-1 Schalke 04).
3. Willian’s currently Arsenal’s top assist this season with 4 assists. Besides, the goal David Luiz scored in the last match is the second time William has assisted David Luiz. The first time was from the match Chelsea – Huddersfield Town in February 2019.
4. Alexander Sørloth only scored three goals for RB Leipzig this season but all of them were late goals:
- 90+2’ goal vs Istanbul Basaksehir (4-3)
- 89’ goal vs Borussia Dortmund (1-3)
- 90+3’ goal vs Borussia Monchengladbach (3-2)
We should perhaps call him “Sør-late” from now on!
5. Gary Lineker, English former professional footballer and current sports broadcaster, on Twitter:
Brighton are very, very good at dominating without scoring. So good they don’t score even when they score.
— Gary Lineker 💙 (@GaryLineker) February 27, 2021
6. Brendan Rodgers has lost 5/5 times in the Europa League’s 1/16 round:
- Liverpool: 2012-2013, 2014-2015
- Celtic: 2017-2018,2018-2019
- Leicester City: 2020-20201
7. Mikel Oyarzabal when he performs 17 penalty kicks for Real Sociedad in all competitions:
- Scored: 16
- Missed: 1
And the only one missed was when he played against Manchester United
8. After the 31st round, the League Two (England) rankings look very exciting! The gap between top 10 is only one point!
9. Olivier Giroud scored 15 goals in 16 appearances for Chelsea in the Champions League and Europa League. He’s also the oldest Chelsea player to score in the Champions League knock-out stage (34 years and 146 days old).
10. Bayern Munich scored 41 goals in the last 11 away matches in Champions League:
⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽ vs Tottenham Hotspur
⚽⚽⚽ vs Olympiacos
⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽ vs Red Star Belgrade
⚽⚽⚽ vs Chelsea
⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽ vs Barcelona
⚽⚽⚽ vs Olympique Lyon
⚽ vs Paris Saint-Germain
⚽⚽ vs Lokomotiv Moscow
⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽ vs Red Bull Salzburg
⚽ vs Atlético Madrid
⚽⚽⚽⚽ vs Lazio
True Thought Quotes
1. Keisuke Honda on Twitter:
I don’t understand why it is necessary a football coaching license to be a head coach. You need to be good but you don’t need a license to be CEO at a company.
— Keisuke Honda (@kskgroup2017) February 25, 2021
2. Casemiro on Marca:
“When I play Counter-Strike, I get a lot more nervous than playing at the Bernabeu. I feel more pressure with people watching me play live in video games than football.”
Author: Kuyet @ TrophyRoom
Chiesa Di Totti: https://www.chiesaditotti.com/2020/5/23/21268438/joao-pedro-could-fit-right-into-romas-budget-conscious-summer
Marca: Casemiro: When I play Counter Strike I get a lot more nervous than playing at the Bernabeu
TrophyRoom – The Free Fantasy Football Game
LIKE US: https://www.facebook.com/trophyroom.io/