[Updated] Let’s review the masterpiece goal from Tottenham in their last match versus Arsenal yesterday.
Today, North London will be half-divide as the North London Derby between Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur will take place in the Emirates stadium this afternoon 🔥. It’ll be a tough afternoon as both teams continue their march towards the Premier League’s top six. And this will definitely be an exciting match. 🤘🏼
North London Derby history – Arsenal vs Tottenham
In 1993, Arsenal moved from the Manor Ground, Plumstead to Arsenal Stadium, Highbury, just four miles from Tottenham’s White Hart Lane, a move resented and opposed by Tottenham as they considered Highbury their territory. The move made Arsenal Tottenham’s nearest neighbours and thus began a natural local rivalry. Arsenal and Tottenham have faced each other 202 times, Arsenal has won 82 times, Tottenham has won 66 times, and they both drew 54 times.
- Arsenal’s current 10th in the table, picked up just 38 points from 27 matches this season. Arsenal has been buoyed by their midweek performance against Olympiacos with netting the Greek’s team with three goals of Ødegaard, Gabriel and Elneny. Moreover, The Gunner’s on a four-game unbeaten streak and they look to extend it this afternoon.
- Spurs is currently 7th, five points behind fourth-placed Chelsea with one match unplayed. They also head into the clash with a superb two-nil win against Dinamo Zagreb in midweek. Tottenham have won five matches consecutively and they’ll hope to increase the number to six after the derby.
Injuries and Suspensions
- Arteta will have a full-strength squad for the game as Emile Smith-Rowe made his return from injury when he came on the pitch as a substitute in Europa League.
- Mourinho will also have a relatively full-strength squad to pick from, except Giovani Lo Celso as he picked up a hamstring injury last December. Harry Kane, who’s Tottenham top scorer with 11 goals, suffered a knock to his knee on Thursday. However, Mourinho revealed that his star player should be fit.
Interesting pieces of stuff
- If Tottenham wins this afternoon, they’ll complete a top-flight double over Arsenal for the first time since the 1992-1993 campaign as they won 2-0 in the reverse fixture this season.
- Mourinho has lost just two of 22 matches against Arsenal as a manager, 0-1 when he was coaching Chelsea and 0-2 when he was coaching Manchester United.
- GK: Bernd Leno
- DF: Hector Bellerin – David Luiz – Gabriel – Kieran Tierney
- MF: Granit Xhaka – Thomas Partey – Bukayo Saka – Martin Ødegaard – Nicolas Pepe
- FW: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- GK: Hugo Lloris
- DF: Matt Doherty – Davinson Sanchez – Toby Alderweireld – Sergio Reguilon
- MF: Pierre-Emile Højbjerg – Tanguy Ndombele
- FW: Gareth Bale, Lucas Moura, Harry Kane, Heung-min Son
It’s quite sure that this match’s going to be an enthralling match-up. Arsenal has shown improvement in recent weeks, though, their bitter rival’s performances have been exhilarating so far this season. A close match settled with a low-scoring draw is what I expect from this derby. For me, one-one is the final score.
Author: Kuyet @ TrophyRoom
Arsenal FC: https://www.arsenal.com/
Tottenham FC: https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/
🏆 TrophyRoom – The Free Fantasy Football Game
LIKE US: https://www.facebook.com/trophyroom.io/